Re: UPG and the default umask

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 17:38 +0200, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Do  e.g. backup system deal well with ACLs?
Definitely not all,... but I guess those should be fixed anyway (totally
regardless of UPGs/umask issues)...

> The standard tar doesn't, except
> when you script around it... or if you use star.
I think you're right for GNU's upstream sources,... but if I remember
correctly, Fedora and RHEL ship patches, which enable support for ACLs,
xattrs, and SELinux.

Will file a wishlist bug against Debian's tar when I find them :)

Cheers,
Chris.