Re: UPG and the default umask

As far as I understood,... you guys are already starting to patch
unrelated software just to make UPG work (see
#581919).

Even the title of that "bug", "bad ownership or modes..." is
ridiculous... and proves what I've predicted before, namely that these
changes will compromise security (such a patch will also affect non UPG
systems).

Nevertheless,...

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 11:04 -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> If you're using a non-UPG system, then you don't care. Debian is
> UPG-based, so your argument is invalid.
You actually, have to care... at least if #581919 is "solved".

Cheers,
Chris.