Re: Open then gates

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 09:04 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> You can make that argument for just about all the daemons that are
> shipped in the distro.
Yes :)

> Should ssh not start by default or just listen
> to localhost for instance?
Personally,... I'd prefer the listen to localhost only (per default)
solution.

But I'm aware that such behaviour is probably disliked by the majority.

Nevertheless,... when installing openssh-server,... you're already
actively deciding to do so...
But the 002 would be shipped per default...

> Me, I'd rather we stopped shipping /etc/default/* files with ENABLE=NO
> and similar silliness – if you want to disable a daemon (or it should
> not be enabled by default), put that information into the Default-Start
> LSB header or kill the S rcN.d links/make them into K links.
Well but that's just a technical issue on how to enable/disable things,
isn't it?

Cheers,
Chris.