Re: Open then gates

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 03:32 +0200, Andreas Marschke wrote:
> In that case why dont we as security aware people and people that think that
> more hardened defaults should be applied,
I think we (Debian as a collective) does apparently not think so, which
is probably _not_ specifically proven by that umask002 issue, but many
others.

> go out and file bugs against them
> providing atomic patches that the maintainer can review and then either apply
> or talk back to the person filing the bug why this is not applicable for this
> situation.
See below in my previous mail...

> I know we have a security team in Debian
I guess the security team cannot do much here, expect a package would
ship really extremely dangerously "open" configuration.
But as our project leader wrote in just a few mails ago:
Such "technical" details are under the aegis of the maintainer.

Cheers,
Chris.