Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

On 7 May 2010 10:33, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>>> The init.d world has changed quite a bit in recent years and might
>>> change even more in the next, it is possible that for Squeeze+1 we'll
>>> want to be elsewhere than at CONCURRENCY=makefile.
>>
>> Yet again?
>
> Other distros are using upstart:
>
> http://upstart.ubuntu.com/

I'm trying it on my netbook but I'm not so happy with it as it's not
so easy to manage what you want to start at boot time.

> There are more interesting ideas on the horizon too:
>
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd

It looks interesting.

Bye
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it - http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.