Re: chromium-browser from experimental has included h.264 by default?

On 2010-05-11, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> I understand that the security team might be skeptical about security
> support, but IIRC past vetoes from the security team came from software
> with bad _history_ of security support, while in this case it would seem
> a preemptive move, isn't it?

It is the 3rd copy of webkit code in the archive, again most likely from
a different branch point. (webkit source package building the gtk
frontend to webkit, qt4-x11 building qtwebkit and now chrome)

Webkit is not a shared library, but a piece of code you dump in your
repository and write a frontend for. In order to change this, nokia,
apple, google and others needs to agree on a release schedule.

/Sune