Re: snapshot.debian.org implications for you

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 09:26:25AM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > Therefore if you uploaded something that is not redistributable please
> > file a bug against the snapshot.debian.org pseudo-package asking for
> > removal:
>
> fair enough to request that responsibility from the maintainers.
> But wouldn't it be a less error-prove procedure to handle
> snapshot removals while processing RM bugs against ftp.d.o?

I had tried to address that somewhat in my original mail.  Most of these
issues will probably be packages that simply fix their problem in the
next upload.  In such cases the problem will never even reach
ftp-master.

For the other cases I'm trying to work with ftp-master, but given that
they are already way overstreched it might be prudent to ask the
individual DD to file a bug against snapshot.  ftp-master has indicated
however that they might check when they remove packages that such a bug
exists.

Cheers,