Re: Parallellizing the boot in Debian Squeeze - ready for wider testing

On Sat, 8 May 2010 11:47:40 +0200, Julien Cristau
<jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
>As far as I'm concerned, "faster boot" is irrelevant.  Using an init
>daemon that actually does its job of supervising services, and lets us
>get rid of most of the stupidity and boilerplate of init scripts, otoh,
>is overdue.

What is so bad about init scripts? Where am I supposed to put my init
script magic[1] in an upstart scenario?

Greetings
Marc

[1] a lot of my packages generate the configuration for the daemon
immediately before it is started