Re: Confused by .la file removal vs static linking support

]] Paul Wise

| On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
|
| > | And GNOME developers insistance (so applications developers may
| > | blindly include gtk+2.0.pc and get all the stack).
| >
| > Yes, historical baggage, basically.
|
| So this is being fixed for GTK+ 3.0?

I don't believe so, and while pkg-config originated from the gnome
project, it no longer has any ties to GNOME and there might well be
projects out there that rely on the current behaviour.

If we're going to get away from that, the only way would be to add a
file version field to the pc files that'd tell pkg-config what each
package expected.

--
Tollef Fog Heen