Re: Libreadline6 is GPLv3: incompatible with GPLv2-only software

James Y Knight, le Wed 28 Apr 2010 11:32:36 -0400, a écrit :
> After checking a scattering of random packages, I happened across one example
> of this already in Debian testing: socat. It is GPLv2-only, and is linked
> against GPLv3 libreadline6 in testing. (filed bug 579494).

Worse than that: a program A under GPL2 using lib B under GPL2+, itself
using libreadline, now GPL3, does not respect the GPL3. So not only
Depends, but basically anything that used libreadline6 as a pulled
dependency at link time has the issue.

Samuel