Re: debconf vs cdebconf

Quoting Tomasz Muras (tomasz@muras.eu):
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully a very quick questions (please CC me in response):
> * should I use cdebconf for new packages, or debconf?

Well, as Neil already answered: none of these. Your package should
work with both. If you're using debhelper, that's easy to achieve: add
"${misc:Depends}" to each binary package dependencies and correct
dependencies will be added automagically (including for debconf).

There's actually a good lintian test about this.

More general note: if your binary packages have both "${misc:Depends}"
*and* "debconf | debconf-2.0", you can remove the latter.