Re: Re: Why does bash make itself unconditionally /bin/sh?

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:40:19PM +0200, Fabian Greffrath wrote:

> > Hmm, thanks to bwh for pointing out my mistake, sorry for the noise.
>
> So, what's the matter? Please enlighten us all!

mjj29 was using a pbuilder chroot environment.  pbuilder sets
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive so that you never have to answer any
questions when it installs build-dependencies.  This also applies
when you use 'pbuilder login', and that is why he did not see the
debconf questions he was expecting.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings