Re: Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services back this weekend

Quoting Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org):
> Laurent Léonard <laurent@open-minds.org> writes:
>
> > I'm not really aware about the hardware problem there was on
> > ries.debian.org (solved by changing the mainboard ?), but I'm surprised
> > there is no 6, 12 or at least 24-hours on-site support included with a
> > 20 000 dollars server...
>
> I believe there is, but the first few things tried to fix the server
> didn't work.  Sadly, this is not that unusual.

On can add that, even if the server have a high level support, the
people who are managing the servers (DSA, local admins) do the Debian
work on their spare time (there are big chances that they have a paid
work) and most are doing the work remotely.

That usually doesn't help to be very fast when hardware issues involve
local actions.

Also,of course, as you pointed, the problems were not obvious to
identify at the beginning.

I use this occasion to thank our DSA and FTPmaster teams for the hard
work involved to solve out these issues. That has been great jobs,
folks.