Re: Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services disabled

On 12065 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> ries.debian.org, the host behind ftp-master.debian.org, has hardware
> trouble, a failed memory module keeps resetting the machine at random
> intervals.

> Will send a notice when service is back to normal.

And another update for you all out there, waiting:

After several ping-pongs the support finally understood that no round of
firmware updates, changing slots of the DIMMs and trying whatever does
not help, so we are now waiting for a new mainboard to arrive, as well
as a technician. The current timeline lets us assume this is done, latest,
day after tomorrow, please be patient. Will keep you updated when status
changes.

The backup plan still is moving this service to another machine. This
hasn't been done yet for various reasons. One of them is simply that it
took a little longer to move the remaining services away from it, but
also the amount of work included.

Now, should the technician not be able to resurrect ries, our backup
plan extends to have the disks shipped over and replace the ones
currently in rietz.

--
bye, Joerg
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!