Re: Why is srtp in testing?!?

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:34:39AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:27:41 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

Now I am puzzled: 1.4.4~dfsg-4 is in testing. The source package is arch-any, but the code fails to build on ia64, sparc and Hurd.

How could srtp enter testing without succesful build on some archs?!?

Missing build only prevent a package from moving to testing if they're regressions (i.e. there are out of date binaries in unstable).

No need to change the packaging if the package already fails to build on arches where it doesn't work.

Ah, I see.

Thanks for the enlightenment :-D

 - Jonas