Re: Serializing transitions

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:09:53 +0100
Stéphane Glondu <steph@glondu.net> wrote:

> > 3/ some maintainers are too confident that nothing is going to break
>
> And even if they do tests, they cannot do them on all architectures.

With edos-debcheck you can. You simply need to download the relevant
Packages.gz file. edos-debcheck is architecture-neutral - it'll scan
any Packages file that is of the correct format. It is also extremely
fast - once the downloads are complete you can scan each architecture
in less than 2 seconds. If this was done on ftp-master / by dak, there
wouldn't even need to be a download delay.

What I did with Emdebian Crush was create a wrapper that simulated the
upload within the relevant Packages file - remove the listing for the
packages to be uploaded, insert the new listing for each one. Running
the wrapper took fractionally longer than running the test. Quite
simple really.

--

Neil Williams