Re: Status of kernel patch packages

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 05:28:33PM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:17:22AM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:14:59 +0100
Yann Dirson <ydirson@free.fr> wrote:
> So the question is, is it time to request removal of those > packages, or is there any remaining reason not to do so that I > missed ?

As linux-patch-tomoyo1.7 package maintainer, tomoyo is merged with mainline, but it's not fully featured one yet. At least, I want to provide it with squeeze.

 and hope kernel-package would enable patch support again... ;)

I won't speak for Manoj here, but I feel we should think about other ways to provide those patches.

One way could be simply to provide ensure those patches in some git tree, that users can easily fetch and merge before running make-kpkg.

Lots of possibilities arise if we do not constrain ourselves to the Debian ideal of a fully self-contained distribution usable while offline.

I happen to like that ideal, also for kernel patches.

 - Jonas