sensible-mailer

Hi,

I'd like to propose a `sensible-mailer' command. The main usage would
be to handle `mailto' links. But maybe such functionality already exists
and I'm just not aware of it, or there are specific reasons for not
implementing this.

The script should accept a `mailto' link as its parameter and then invoke
whatever MUA the user has configured through an environment variable. MUAs
that don't support these links out of the box (like mutt) should provide
a helper script that parses the URL and invokes the mailer with appropriate
options. Web browsers could be configured to use this command out of the box.

Additionally the command could provide a minimum set of options (like `--to',
`--subject', `--cc', ...) that would allow to invoke it manually and start
the user's MUA with these parameters pre-filled.

Any thoughts about this?

Cheers,
harry