Re: md5sums files

On jeu., 2010-03-04 at 22:43 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >> This script signs each file in the package individually, but it could
> >> also concatenate them all alphabetically and create just one signature.
>
> > There have been previous discussions on debian-devel about this.  I
> > believe DAK does not allow packages signed using debsigs to be uploaded.
> > I'm not sure if that's out of objection to the entire concept, or whether
> > there are just technical issues that need to be resolved first.  (I
> > probably would know if I had a better memory for the previous discussion,
> > but unfortunately I appear to have recycled those brain cells.)

> dpkg-sig is only missing active maintenance before support for it could
> be added to the debian archive.

That's definitely something which would be nice to have, but how exactly
would be handled the binary uploads (by the buildds, binNMU stuff like
that)?

I didn't know dpkg-sig so I'll check on that (not sure if Marc
Brockschmidt is still interested, since homepage is dead and there was
no upload since 2006, and it was an NMU).

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis