Re: Xen, Squeeze, and Beyond

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 11:29 +0100, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:

> But xen-tools have be removed from Squeeze, so I suppose it will be
> more difficult to create new installations (require much more work to
> replace the xen-create-image script).

Squeeze (32- and 64-bit) and Lenny (32-bit only) both support
installation into a Xen domU using the regular Debian Installer,
including preseeding etc. Instructions for use can be seen at
<http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#DomU.28guest.29>. Squeeze even supports
installation from ISOs into a Xen domU (using the multiarch amd64+i386
+powerpc netinst ISO).

Is there any way this functionality could be exposed via xen-tools to
make it easier to deploy? (I don't know if/how it would fit into the
xen-tools model).

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
		-- Wynn Catlin