Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 04:44 +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > Can you guys upstream a package into Debian with a gitweb URL reference?
> If I'm understanding the question correctly, yes. We have Vcs-$VCS (i.e.
> Vcs-Git) and Vcs-Browser pseudo-headers. Both are optional.

The Vcs-* fields are for the Debian package VCS.

There is an emerging project to add upstream metadata to Debian source

> I agree with Kel here, git2cl et al are unimportant details.

Indeed, that is why the relevant lintian warning is marked pedantic.
Personally I think this part of Debian policy needs a review, I don't
have the time or energy to bring it up on debian-policy though.

> Kel, mail me in private when you have something ready for review &
> upload, as usual.

Check this thread:

He already created almost perfect packages that are pretty-much ready to
be uploaded, just a couple of minor issues.