Re: Xen, Squeeze, and Beyond

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 01:03:46AM +0300, William Pitcock wrote:
> There are also no pvops dom0 kernel packages shipped by Debian yet, at
> least through official channels.
>
> While you are correct that pvops is the future, right now it's no better
> reliability-wise then the 2.6.18 xensource patches... unfortunately tracking
> these reentrancy bugs (mostly deadlocks) down is a massive pain in the ass.

Much of the discussion was with regard to squeeze, and with that in mind,
at this point it seems that the pvops branch should get there, but there
is currently no indication whatsoever that the old stable branch will.
I'm not getting in the discussion why or how that is, I'm just saying,
based on:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/10/msg00853.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2010/02/msg01290.html

--