Bug#570919: ITP: python-django-piston -- Piston is a Django mini-framework creating RESTful APIs.
Owner: Michael Ziegler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : python-django-piston
Version : 0.2.2
Upstream Author : Jesper Noehr <email@example.com>
* URL : http://bitbucket.org/jespern/django-piston/wiki/Home
* License : BSD
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Piston is a Django mini-framework creating RESTful APIs.
Piston is a relatively small Django application that lets you
create application programming interfaces (API) for your sites.
It has several unique features:
* Ties into Django's internal mechanisms.
* Supports OAuth out of the box (as well as Basic/Digest or custom auth.)
* Doesn't require tying to models, allowing arbitrary resources.
* Speaks JSON, YAML, Python Pickle & XML (and HATEOAS.)
* Ships with a convenient reusable library in Python
* Respects and encourages proper use of HTTP (status codes, ...)
* Has built in (optional) form validation (via Django), throttling, etc.
* Supports streaming, with a small memory footprint.
* Stays out of your way.