Re: Debian Mobile -- Debian GNU/Linux for mobile devices

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone interested in starting a Debian Mobile project, probably as a
> Debian Pure Blend?
>
> Goals:
>   - Provide an environment for handheld and netbook devices
>     + example: the Nokia N900
>   - Provide a Debian-based implementation of MeeGo
>     + Packaging the software from MeeGo
>
> Regards,
> Julian
>
> (Please CC me in your replies)

Hi Julain,

FYI: There is also the hackable:1 Distribution which is debian/em-debian based
and funded by Bearstech in France(I think). It runs on my Openmoko and is
really nice and stable. I think it can run on other mobilephones aswell.

See http://www.hackable1.org  for more information.

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke