Re: [MeeGo-dev] Debian Mobile -- Debian GNU/Linux for mobile devices

> Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 17:20 +0100 schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> > On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > > Is anyone interested in starting a Debian Mobile project, probably as a
> > > Debian Pure Blend?

Count me in.

> > > Goals:
> > >   - Provide an environment for handheld and netbook devices
> > >     + example: the Nokia N900
> > >   - Provide a Debian-based implementation of MeeGo
> > >     + Packaging the software from MeeGo

	  + example env.: netbook (atom) ...its what I have to play around with

> > The Debian Mobile part could be mostly marketing and branding while
> > technical work should be done within MeeGo if this appears to be possible
> > (we'll have to watch out how they will manage external contributions and
> > so on).
> Of course work should happen upstream as most as possible. But as
> upstream will use rpm, our part is repackaging.

It should be possible to work in the manner you have proposed without
problems. I am a great believer in the power of the community to resolve
any potential issues which might come along.

f I understand this right, the MeeGo tree + Debian Flavouring (DFSG) ?

> > We could try to create a "Debian Variant" working group following
> > http://meego.com/about/governance
>
> Maybe. I CCed meego-dev@meego.com to get a bit more responses. But for
> meego.com a generic downstream working group might be more suitable.
> (Replies to this part should go to meego-dev@meego.com, the others to
> debian-devel with a CC to my email address or meego-dev)

Best,

Erle

--
  www.erlepereira.com | Globally: Online | Locally: India, Australia
  Solutions for open souls, A team like none other