Re: Debian Mobile -- Debian GNU/Linux for mobile devices

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 16:13 +0100 schrieb Bastian Blank:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 03:53:32PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > Is anyone interested in starting a Debian Mobile project, probably as a
> > Debian Pure Blend?
>
> You want to start with em-debian.
MeeGo is not really embedded, having a netbook UI and a handheld UI. The
devices also have multiple GB of storage.

> >   - Provide an environment for handheld and netbook devices
> >     + example: the Nokia N900
>
> Well, I would like to have something working for my N770.

I guess for the 770 (it's written without N), there is not much
interest. Even Mer seems to be starting with N800. But it's not
impossible.

We wouldn't even be able to support graphics acceleration on the N900,
because of the PowerVR chip used there.

Regards,
Julian

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.