Re: Mass bug filing for python-apt API transition

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 12:09 +0100 schrieb Julian Andres Klode:
> Hi,
>
> as some of you already know, python-apt received a new
> API (sometimes called 0.8 API). We intent to drop the old API
> for Squeeze+1, and thus ask you to upgrade your packages to
> use the new API.
>
> Mass bug filing
> ---------------
> On Friday, I will start reporting bugs on the packages
> in the Debian BTS listed below, with a patch if easily
> possible. All bugs will include the following information:
>
> 	User: deity@lists.debian.org
> 	Usertags: python-apt-0-8-api
>
> Upgrading to the new python-apt API
> -----------------------------------
> Please see "What’s New In python-apt 0.7.100" in the documentation
> for information on how to update.

The recommended way for checking for things to be changed is using the
automatic checking tool, in the bzr version:

	debcheckout python-apt
	cd python-apt
	python2.6 ./utils/migrate-0.8.py <file.py> ...

This will find all places where deprecated code might be used. It
requires Python 2.6 because it makes use of the ast module for parsing
the Python modules into an abstract syntax tree.
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.