Bug#568732: ITP: libwebcam -- The Webcam Library libwebcam is designed to simplify the development of webcam applications
Owner: Paulo <email@example.com>
* Package name : libwebcam
Version : 0.2.0
Upstream Author : Martin Rubli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://http://www.quickcamteam.net/software/libwebcam
* License : (LGPL, GPL)
Programming Lang: C
Description : The Webcam Library libwebcam is designed to simplify the development of webcam applications
The Webcam Library libwebcam is designed to simplify the development of
webcam applications, primarily on Linux but with an option to be ported
to other platforms, in particular Solaris.
It's an easy to use library that shields its users from many of the
difficulties and problems of using the V4L2 API directly.
It also provides command line tools and a udev script to automate
enabling uvc extension controls (logitech: focus, pan/tilt, ...) in
cameras that have support for them.
Libwebcam provides the following core features:
* Enumeration of all cameras available in the system.
* Provide detailed information about the detected devices and their controls.
* Wrapper for the V4L2 frame format enumeration.
* Convenient access to device controls.
* Support for configuring the Linux UVC driver's dynamic controls (extension unit controls).