Re: Increasing developer productivity through tools

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> Have you got any suggestions for increasing productivity with proper
> IDE support for medium-sized C and C++ code bases?

I've had a pretty good experience with Qt Creator.

http://qt.nokia.com/products/developer-tools
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=qtcreator

Even though it's a bit specialized on writing Qt applications, it
should work well with general C/C++ source. For me code browsing
worked pretty reliably, but I don't know how well it handles
#defines etc.

I suggest compiling version 1.3.0 on your own because it has a lot
of improvements over Sid's 1.2.1. But you'll need Qt 4.6.0 from
Experimental to compile it.

Sebastian