Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

Charles Plessy wrote:
> [If I remember correctly, the question below is whether the law in the U.S.A.
> requires us to reproduce all copyright statements from the source files when we
> redistribute binary programs, or if this is only needed when the license
> expliciterly asks so.]

I believe there was also a related question concerning who might be held
liable for copyright infringement in the case of something dodgy making
it into the archive - would it be the FTP team because they exert
editorial control over the archive, would it be SPI as the umbrella
organisation, or would the axe fall on the individual maintainer?

Cheers,

	David.