Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:02:05PM +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Everybody should pipe his uploads through lintian.  That's nothing
> that should be in the upload tool, IMHO.  A unixy tool does one job,
> not two.

Counter example: everybody should pipe his .changes through
debchange. Still the check for unsigned .changes is in dput and it's
pretty damn useful.

Besides, nobody said that there should be two tools, the tool can always
be the same (lintian) and probably with some twiddling we can even avoid
running it twice (e.g. lintian leaving around a log file, dput checking
for its presence with some timestamp care).

Cheers.