Re: Cross compiler ITP (armel)

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> If gcc maintainers agree include a dummy gcc-source-armel package with
> Depends: gcc-source (= 1.2-3). That way the cross build package will
> require the right source. It ensures they always enter/leave testing
> as a pair.

 I think that would be better done in the cross toolchain package
 instead.

 However, I do not like the idea of enforcing GPL requirements with
 exact version in the cross toolchain when the archive doesn't support
 it for any package yet.  I think pointing at a snapshot.debian.net
 alike service providing all versions of all sources which have ever
 been in Debian unless they can't be redistributed is a better way of
 solving the source compliance problem and it would actually solve it in
 the cross toolchain case as well.

--
Loïc Minier