Re: defaulting to net.ipv6.bindv6only=1 for squeeze

On Oct 28, Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org> wrote:

> polipo and ircd-hybrid are the only ones that are problematic for me. I guess
> things have improved. Well, except for those daemons that are not listening on
> IPv6 at all of course...
ircds need custom configuration anyway, so this does not look like a
problem.
I expect that most applications correctly deal with bindv6only=1, since
they need to to work on the *BSD.
Indeed this would also help integration with the kfreebsd ports.

So, is there anybody really opposed to going forward with this?
Please remember that there will be pervasive IPv6 deployments by the end
of the lifetime of squeeze, so we should get it right.

--
ciao,
Marco