Re: Cross compiler ITP (armel)

Hello,

2009/11/2 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>:
> Why do you need --sysroot support? Or what prevents a --sysroot of /
> when using the multiarch directories?
>
> It seems like wasted work with multiarch being a release goal for
> squeeze. Hop on the wagon and make it work for you too.

As you already know, multiarch does not have a plan (yet) for -dev
packages. In terms of cross compiling, things are unclear which way is
painless sysroot or multiarch (orthogonal solutions). The more I
think, the more I believe sysroot is painless.

But anyway, maybe the solution is having both kind of compilers, so is
the user the one that chooses it or maybe we can continue walking
until multiarch shows its head.

--
 Héctor Orón