CTTE deciding technical policy [Re: Lintian based autorejects]

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> By my interpretation, I don't think that the TC has any authority
> here since the ftp-masters are DPL delegates and not individual
> maintainers.

The intersection of §5.1.1 (DPL delegation) and §6.1.1 (CTTE decides
technical policy) is kind of uncharted, but assuming that this
decision is a matter of technical policy, §6.1.1 seems to apply
directly, even if the decision has been delegated. [Though the CTTE
probably needs 3:1 if §6.1.4 (overriding DD needs 3:1) applies.]

That said, see Kurt Roeckx's response[1] to me[2] when this was last
raised.

Don Armstrong

1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2009/09/msg00012.html
2: http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2009/09/msg00010.html
--
It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
 -- Frederick Douglass