Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 07:29:23PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Also, note that the ftp team are at least project delegates, whereas the
> Lintian maintainers are "just" package maintainers.  If we have a
> governance problem with the ftp team making this decision, it would be
> even worse if the Lintian maintainers were making this decision.

No, in fact the opposite is true.  Any function that is correctable by
any member of the developer body is inherently better than one that is
under the control of a small group that has been given superpowers,
legitimately or not, by virtue of the fact that it is correctable by
any member of the developer body.

Of course we will never come to accept that idea as a group, and people
will foam at the mouth about the Constitution and the DPL, and other
people will foam at the mouth about the same old power issues that
come up over and over again cyclically with different faces, and one
day I will learn to keep my mouth shut.