Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Sun, Nov 01 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 08:38:56AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > Wow, time goes so fast, it is already the season for attempting to delay the
>> > release!
>
>>         People ignoring bugs wilfully are possibly to blame, don't you think?
>
> And that justifies forcing these people to move your pet cosmetic issues to
> the top of their todo list?

        Not my pet cosmetic issue. This is a decision taken by folks in
 charge of the archive as to what belongs in the archive. No more than
 the release teanm decides, mostly all by itself, as to what does or
 does not belong in a release, adding or not adding overrides to bugs,
 reducing violations of must directives to non-serious status all by
 themselves (not going through the policy change process at all).

        If one team can muck with policy related bug severities, and I
 have to just suck it up, I gave another important team the same
 benefit.

        manoj
--
Revenge is a meal best served cold.