Re: Lintian based autorejects

On Sun, Nov 01 2009, Luk Claes wrote:

> Michael Banck wrote:
>> Hi Manoj,
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 01:03:00PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>>  getting around to filing bugs on policy MUST violations and others that
>>>  make the package too buggy to be in Debian
>>
>> Please respect the tradition and discuss mass-filing of bugs on
>> debian-devel.
>
> +1
>
> It seems that many of the bugs have a chance of false positives or
> should not be RC.

        Which is why I checked. Out of the 97 candidates of the
 copyright being a dh template, only 3 bugs were filed: the ones not a
 false positive.

> Besides if policy is not meant as normative as you regulary claim,

        Rubbish. Policy is normative. Shit does not go into policy to
 beat people on the head with, but anything in policy is stuff you
 should follow.

> then these are very probably bugs in policy. As there are for some
> categories of bugs you files many packages not conforming. So either
> policy is wrong there or policy is normative which would mean that
> there are a lof of other bugs in policy that noone cares about fixing
> (or even filing).

        Which I plan on also filing bugs on, since policy is indeed
 normative.  Get your act together, people.

        manoj
--
Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry.