Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 06:46:42PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Samstag, 31. Oktober 2009, sean finney wrote:
> > if it's regenerable, then i'd say /var/cache/munin/something is the
> > right place, and if isn't /var/lib/munin/something.  if you seperate
> > the things that the user might want to configure (css, etc), where's
> > the problem[1]?

> that it's butt ugly and work for no gain? plus, seperating is not supported
> upstream, so it will need patching for no gain...

> i'm absolutly not convinced this is the right solution.

I think that the right solution is to not have web apps in our archive
unless they can be made to conform with policy's requirements.  If a web app
isn't going to comply with the FHS, that's fine - but that web app doesn't
need to be in the Debian archive.

If you think it's "butt ugly" for your web app package to behave in a manner
consistent with all the other packages in the archive, we clearly have
different views when it comes to aesthetics.