Re: Build logs from local builds

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:29:47PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> People are lazy and like myself don't want to sync pbuilder and
> related stuff every time I want to upload something. Since my box is
> rarely up to date, this can result in dependencies lagging
> somewhat compared to official buildd. I generally don't check for any
> build-depends problems anyway with pbuilder unless buildd chokes.
>
> And for the Arch:all packages? I guess no check for this with lazy
> maintainer.
>
> So how do I compare with the other maintainers? Or do all maintainers
> run pbuilder religiously for each upload?

I run sbuild to build every package prior to upload.  It's even
configurable to update and upgrade the chroot every time it's run.

> The requirement not allowing source only uploads is childish at best -
> it treats DD as children that can't check their packages compile on
> their own box.

While most developers are conscientious enough to make sure their
packages build, one does see enough crap packages that IMO this
(minimal) bar should probably be kept.  It's also a good sanity
check, after all, we should always make sure upgrades, removal and
purging of each binary package works prior to uploading.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh