Re: Submitting bugs for manpage improvements

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 01:02:26AM +0200, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> I have received some feedback from a developer who is concerned about
> having to deal with the contribution from "nitpickers". I must admit
> that I am concern with bikeshedding and nitpicking too.

I fail to see how this concern should be related with your (great!, BTW)
helper. Nitpickers exist already now as well as bikeshedder. They can
report nitpick/bikeshed bug already using plain old reportbug, without
even bothering to create a patch.

Even if your helper can make their life easier, it is IMO no excuse for
finding ways to prevent those people to use the tool, make it harder to
find, etc.  Pointless bug will be closed and/or set +wontfix as they are
today.

Cheers.