RFH: lesstif2 -- OSF/Motif 2.1 implementation released under LGPL

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

C (?) Programmers help wanted.

Upstream of lesstif is not active anymore and I have committed myself to
help as much as I can to improve the Debian package (also by committing
patches upstream). The popcon of this library is pretty high, currently
around 15694 installed. However, copy/pasting has been implemented in
the past in a way that worked internally, but apparently without the
proper ICCCM implementation. This has caused a lot of bugs and is
currently the main issue with this library. The problematic code can be
easily identified in the source (lib/Xm-2.1/CutPaste.c) by searching for
the text "FIX ME". Because my knowledge of C is not enough to fix
this myself (I will look at it with a friend thou) I ask for help from
programmers to have a look. See also http://lesstif.sourceforge.net/#help

Paul

The package description is:
 Contains runtime shared libraries for LessTif, the Hungry Programmers'
 version of OSF/Motif 2.1.
 .
 Contains runtime shared libraries for libXm and libMrm.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 5.0
  APT prefers jaunty-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'jaunty-updates'), (500, 'jaunty-security'), (500,
'jaunty-proposed'), (500, 'jaunty')
Architecture: i386 (i686)