Re: Is it time to remove sun-java6?

Florian Weimer skrev:
* Rasmus Bøg Hansen:

As much as I'd like to drop sun-java6, I depend on it for my
homebanking. At startup it prints "Checking java version" and later on
it comes with a login box with sun-java6 - with icedtea6-plugin it
just comes with a blank screen.

It is the bank's fault, of course, in my opinion.

Not necessarily.  It could also be a genuine compatibility issue with
the IcedTea plug-in.

Actually I was unaware that there were problems with icedtea6-plugin and iceweasel 3.5.

I tried downgrading to iceweasel 3.0 and my bank works like a charm just as with Suns java.

Just disregard my doubts and go remove sun-java6 - I doubt I will use it again :-)

Regards
/Rasmus

--
Defense??