Re: Faster boot by running init.d scripts in parallel

On Wed, Oct 07 2009, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Manoj Srivastava]
>>> Is CONCURRENCY set in /etc/init.d/rc ? I used to have it set there.
>>
>>   /etc/init.d/rc:CONCURRENCY=none
>
> Could it be a bootchart problem instead, graphing the wrong file or
> something?  The version in unstable was broken because some Java
> library changed its API.  I uploaded a fixed version yesterday.

        I have now installed the new bootchart, and I'll see if it makes
 any difference to the  chart (the next time I reboot -- perhaps over
 the weekend, this is killing my uptimes stats)

        manoj
--
Just close your eyes, tap your heels together three times, and think to
yourself, `There's no place like home.' -- Glynda the Good