Re: different .diff.gz for different platforms (armel) prohibiting upload

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Montag, 28. September 2009, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> I just said that there are buildd admins/porters who are hard to deal
>> with because they just don't care about build failures not caused by
>> the package to be built and neither with any package else but by
>> buildd/machine/arch issues.
> [...]
>> At which time it'll get even more funny when buildds don't try to
>> build stuff - and yes, even security buildds. You really believe
>> a DSA is possible nowadays without uploading handbuilt binaries? Then
>> you haven't seen reality.
>
> Well, I think this reality sucks and should be fixed. Uploading manually build
> security packages is a workaround which is error prone, as could be seen in
> the last months, where there were several uploads done in wrong build
> environments.
>
> If there are really such non-caring buildd admins/porters this should be fixed
> at the root of the problem and not by using a workaround, which introduces
> new problems and doesnt touch the root at all.

The real problem IMHO is that we have only very few real porters left.
Some of them apparently think that unless they are contacted directly
there are no issues while many buildd admins are swamped with other work
and don't get to filing bugs for porting issues.

To all people interested, please have a look at the buildd pages [1] and
file bugs where necessary (please don't file duplicates nor file bugs
when fixing the build chroot or setting a dep-wait would suffice).

Cheers

Luk

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status (click on the architecture you are
interested in and look at the Failed, Build-Attempted and Maybe-Failed
categories)