Re: Policy §10.4 as a divergence from usptream (renamings to remove extensions like .pl and .sh).

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> Currently every single maintainer is forced to invent a convincing
> text to educate upstream. The position of a single maintainer could be
> drastically strengthened if there would be a widely accepted document
> (not only in the Debian world) which gives a clear reasoning. Writing
> such a document and finding agreement in several distributions is
> challenging - but IMHO a reasonable step if we want to stick to our
> policy in the current form.

Perhaps <distributions@lists.freedesktop.org> would be an appropriate
forum to attempt formulation of such a policy.

--
 \       “Liberty, n. One of imagination's most precious possessions.” |
  `\                   —Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_, 1906 |