Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 02:50:32PM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Zack has been patching devotee to allow more informal (and not at all
> binding) polls to be run with the same infrastructure. I think this
> could be a suitable candidate to run using that. It allows us to have a
> poll which can only be voted in by DDs and not easily stuffed, but
> without having to go through the pain of a formal resolution.

I do have the poll mechanism in an usable shape now, I've thus far
just missed the time to make a proper announcement on how to request
me to initiate polls. If people wants to do that I've no problem
setting it up: interested people can just send me a draft ballot.

My *personal* opinion on this specific poll is, however, that the
release team is fully empowered to make the freeze date decision and
that they have also been sensible to complaints about the hurried
freeze. So, right now, I don't see the point of having it before they
actually publish their decision.

Cheers.