Re: Non-unified patches and dpkg source format ‘3.0 (quilt)’.

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> (05/08/2009):
> In my workplace's cafeteria, 99 % of the people eat curry rice with a
> spoon, and 1 % with chopsticks. But this is causing no trouble, and
> never the spoon users ask the chopsticks users to change their
> instrument (and I can tell you that I do not leave a single grain of
> rice when I eat my curry rice with chopsticks).

Should we care?

> I am all for campaigning for the unified diff format if there are
> arguments on which I can base a discussion with Upstream, but a mere
> cultural preference, be it the one of a very large majority, is a too
> weak argument.

According to a quick look at the diff wikipedia page[1], unified diffs
appeared in GNU diff 1.15, released in January 1991.

 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff

Time to move on?

Anyway: Heard about the thing called “context”?

Mraw,
KiBi.