Paid help for DDs and Debian infrastructure?

Hello,

I recall the not-so-welcomed initiative from 2006 to have some full-timers employed to
speed up the release process. Since I am running only sid anyway, I was not really
interested in that, particularly not at the time.

Now I think that we could make some good use of some full-timers. And I would understand
them rather as a "helping hand" were helping hands are needed, i.e. a service to DDs
rather, than as a direct service to our users who wait for a DVD. Well, if is always the
users that will profit from our work in the end.

The two scenarios that motivated me to write this email:

 * the web-pages team might possibly need more helping hands to implement what they want
to implement and/or to coordinate the translations etc .. so they could get some more
graphical skills in or .. they would need to know ...

 * the ftpmasters who take care for the new queue might know some other DD they would like
buy time from, or they would like to take a Debian-paid (partial?) sabbatical from their
very own daytime job.

I truly think that more man power in the infrastructure bits would help us a lot in
preparing our distribution. If money helps, and if we have the money, then we should use it.

Best,

Steffen