Re: piuparts run by every uploader

martin f krafft wrote:
also sprach Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> [2009.07.21.1527 +0200]:
piuparts is _intended_ to be run by every uploader, actually. Or
at least that was my intention back when I wrote it.

Okay, that wasn't my impression, sorry for spreading FUD.

Largely due to the need of maintaining a full chroot just for its
use, I thought piuparts had too high of a barrier of
entry/maintenance to be used by everyone. Am I completely wrong?

Can you estimate how many people are using it for their own packages
only?

I require pbuilder to use for my sponsorees, because it remove
so much bugs. It require some initial setup (apt-proxy, etc.).

Using piuparts, when pbuilder is installed, is quite simple and fast.
BTW it done only as later step, when package is already lintian ok.

ciao
	cate